Sunday 23 December 2012

Broad Beans/ Avarakkai fry


Green veggies are very good for health. At least we have to have one green vegetable in a day. I don't eat broad beans because I use to think carrot & beans are the only vegetables earlier but after my delivery every thing changed including my diet. Now a days I'm cooking lot n lot of veggies.

Broad beans is my Hubby's favorite also. Here's the recipe.








Ingredients:

Broad Beans - 1/2 Kg
Onion -1 ( chopped)
Red chillis - 3/4
Mustard seeds
Bengal gram
Salt
Oil


Cooking Method:

1. Wash & Cut broad beans as thin as you can. Add 1/4 cup of water to the beans and cook/pressure cook it.

2. The beans will get cooked good & no water will be left in the veggie.

3. In a pan add oil, when the oil gets hot add mustard seeds, Bengal grams, red chillis, salt and fry.

4. Then add onion to the mixture. When onion turns transparent, add the cooked broad beans and mix thoroughly.

5. Reduce the fire, and let it cook for 5 more mins.

6. Serve hot with sambar rice, curd rice, lemon rice...etc.


Picture Presentation:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...