One of my friends asked me for this recipe & here it is.
Dear Sreeja, this is all yours......take it. :-)
Raw Rice - 1 cup
Toor dhal - 1/4cup
Moong dhal - 1/4 cup
Tomato - 3 Big - chopped
Onion - 2 Big - chopped
Green chillis - 4 ( slice vertically)
Methi seeds/ Venthaiyam
Broken urad dhal - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Tumeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
Cashews - 4/5
Grated coconut/coconut powder - 1 tbsp
Ghee -1 tbsp
1. Wash & soak rice, toor dhal & moong dhal together for 15 mins, strain it & keep it aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds and once mustard splatters add cumin seeds, broken urad dhal, methi seeds & cashews.
3. When the seeds & cashews are fried to golden color, add curry leaves & onion. Fry the onion until it turns transparent.
4. Add tomatoes & chillis and cook until the tomatoes turns mushy.
5. Then add asafoetida, turmeric powder, salt and mix well.
6. While the masala mixture is cooking add grated coconut/coconut powder.
7. Next add ghee & coriander leaves. After 2 mins, add the soaked raw rice, toor dhal, moong dhal and give a thorough mix.
8. Finally add water to the mixture. Water should be in 1:1 1/2 ratio.
9. Transfer this paruppu sadham mixture to the cooker pan & pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
***It is not possible to fry all ingredients in my cooker pan so I used frying pan & then transfered the mixtures to the pressure cooker pan. If you can use your pressure cooker pan, then fry & cook using pressure pan itself.
10. Arisi paruppu sadham is now ready. Serve hot with chips or papad.
Linking this recipe to