I have been making lot of sweets lately so felt like making some savory....healthy.... snack.... and tried this black channa chat. I got a pat on my shoulder saying " good job" and "once more" from my kutties. :-) :-)
Here's my super simple but yummy recipe for u.
Black Channa - 3 cups (soaked at least for 5 hrs)
Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato -2 (finely chopped)
Lemon juice -2 tbsp
Pepper powder - 2 tbsp
1. Pressure cook black Channa for 4 whistles & keep it aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottom frying pan and add onion to it.
3. Fry until onion turns transparent. Then add chopped tomatoes & chillis. Fry until the tomatoes get cooked.
4. Add salt & lemon juice. Mix it well. Then add the cooked black Channa to the mixture & mix thoroughly. Let it cook for 10 mins.
5. Now sprinkle the grounded pepper. Mix well.
6. Black Channa Chat is ready. Garnish with coriander, mint leaves & serve.