Carrot is one of my favorite vegetables. In fact I use to eat & think carrot only is a vegetable when I was very young. My thought process about vegetables have changed a lot since my marriage. I do lot of mix & match in my recipes with veggies. Carrot baby corn rice is one of the kind :-). Hope you like it.
Here comes my recipe.
Cooked rice - 2 cups
Carrot grated - 1 cup
Baby corn - 1 cup
Onion -1 (finely chopped)
Green chilli - 3
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Pepper powder- 1 tbsp
1. Cook 2 cups of rice & keep it aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard & fennel seeds to it.
3. Once mustard splattered, add cashews and fry till it becomes golden color.
4. Then add onion to it. Fry onion until it becomes transparent.
5. Next add grated carrot & salt. Mix well and let it cook.
6. When the carrots are half cooked, add peas. After 10 mins add baby corn. Reduce the flame & cover it with the lid.
7. Add the rice after 5 mins and give a thorough mix. Baby corn has to be cripsy so dont let it overcook.
8. Sprinkle pepper powder over the rice & give a final mix.
9. Add a spoon of ghee, garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.