Even if we have coconut chutney all most every day we don't feel like saying no to coconut chutney. Its a super easy chutney which takes less than 10 mins to make.
This recipe is for beginners.
Coconut - half shell
Green chillis - 4
Roasted gram(pottu kadalai/ udacha kadalai) - 1/4 cup
Broken urad dhal
1. First dry grind coconut +green chillis +udacha kadalai +salt in the mixer for a minute. Then add water little by little and wet grind this coconut mixture nicely.
2. Then transfer this coconut mixture to a bowl.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the frying pan. Add mustard seeds.
4. Once mustard splatters add broken urad dhal. When urad dhal turns golden color add curry leaves & remove it from the flame.
5. Pour the seasoning mixture to the grinded coconut mixture.
6. Coconut chutney is ready. This chutney is the best & easy side dish for idilis, dosa, ven pongal & upmas.