As usual i cooked this Veg Briyani in heavy bottom frying pan/kadai only. Its very simple & easy. I usually make this Veg Briyani if I have surprise guest at home.
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
onion - 4 nos
tomato, - 6 nos
Peas - 100 gms
Carrot - 3 nos( cut to any size)
Beans - 12 nos(cut to any size)
ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Green Chillis, - 6/7
Sakthi Briyani masala ( Ready made)- 3 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add fennel seeds, when the aroma of fennel comes add onion and fry it.
2. Once the onion turns transparent add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, chillis, carrot, beans, peas, half mint & coriander leaves.
3. Then mix all the vegetables nicely. Let the vegetables blend nicely with onion & ginger garlic. Then cover it with the lid.
4. After 10 mins, add briyani masala & salt. Then add the water( 1 cup rice - 11/2 cup water), mix it well & allow water to boil.
5. Once the masala mixture boils, just check the salt. Only now you'll know the real taste of salt & masala. You can add salt & masala if reqd.
6. Then add the basmati rice, mix well, cover it with lid & reduce the flame to sim.
7. After 10 mts open the lid & mix once so that the masala on the top & rice at the bottom gets mixed thoroughly. Close the lid, let the rice get cooked.
8. Approximately after 15 mins the rice will be cooked. When the briyani rice is cooked, garnish it with mint & coriander leaves and serve hot with egg, cucumber, raita etc.
My dear hubby don't like heavy spices smell that's why I use only fennel seeds. You can add other spices like cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf etc.