Green beans poriyal is a simple side dish. During weekdays, If I don't feel like cooking much for packing lunch in the morning I'll just make green beans poriyal, mix white rice & make it as a variety rice take it for lunch 2 in 1 ;)
Recipe for poriyal is here.
Green Beans - 2 cups ( finely chopped)
Onion - 2 big ( chopped)
Green chillis - 4 (cut vertically)
Bengal gram dhal
Grated coconut - 1 tbsp
1. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan.
2. Add mustard, cumin seeds, bengal gram dhal & curry leaves.
3. When bengal gram dhal becomes golden color, add onion, chillis, salt and fry.
4. When onion turns transparent, add chopped beans. Mix thoroughly so that the other ingredients mixes well with the vegetable.
5. Then add 1/2 cup of water, mix and cover it with the lid. Let the beans get cooked.
6. When the beans are cooked add grated coconut/coconut powder and give a final mix. Let it cook for another 5 mins or until the raw coconut smell leaves.
7. Serve with sambar rice, lemon rice, coconut rice & curd rice.