Keerai is an excellent source of iron & vitamin K, A, C, B2, B6, E, magnesium, folate, manganese, calcium and potassium. It is also very good source of protein, phosphorus, zinc, dietary fiber, and copper etc......
Why to ignore such a healthy food huh.....please take keerai at least twice a week to keep ur brain young. :-)
Recipe is here.
Keerai/green/spinach - 2 cups ( cleaned & washed)
Tomato - 2
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Red chillis - 2
1. Cook keerai + tomato + onion +asafoetida +1/4 cup of water in the pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
****You can add garlic to this if required.
2. After 3 whistles, remove the keerai mixture and allow it to cool.
3. Once the keerai is cooled, grind the keerai mixture with salt in the mixer and keep it aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters, add red chillis & curry leaves to fry.
5. Then pour this mixture to the keerai mixture.
6. Serve with hot white rice.