In the evening today, the weather was bit chill & i felt like having hot masala milk instead of coffee. And a cup of masala milk which I prepared turned out very well just like the one we use to have in the hotels. So I drafted it & here comes my recipe.
Milk - 2 cups
Cardamom -3 nos
Cinnamon - 1 small stick
Cloves - 3 nos
Cashews - 4 nos - chopped
Almonds -3 nos - chopped
Pistachios -3 nos- chopped
Sugar - 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
1. Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan.
2. While the milk is boiling, dry grind cardamom, cinnamon & cloves in a mixer and add it to the boiling milk.
3. Then add the tumeric powder & sugar to the milk. Let the milk cook until it thickens or at least for 15 - 20 mins.
4. Now remove it from the flame and filter the milk in the stainer. Discard the spices skin.
5. Add the cashews, almonds & pistachios to the filtered milk and serve hot.
***You can also add saffron if you have.