As I said earlier, i like any vegetable with peas. Potatoes Peas Masala is my favorite.
Recipe is here.
Potato - 3
Peas - 1 cup
Onion -1 ( chopped)
Tomato -2 ( chopped)
Green chillis - 3
Bengal gram dhal
1. Pressure cook potatoes for 4 whistles, mash it & keep it aside.
2. Pressure cook peas for 2 whistles & keep it aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters add bengal gram dhal. Once bengal gram dhal turns golden color, add curry leaves, chillis & onion.
4. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
5. Add asafoetida, tumeric & salt. Let it cook for 1 minute.
6. Then add cooked & mashed potatoes & peas. Also add 3 tbsp of water. Mix thoroughly & let it cook for 10 mins. Reduce the flame to sim.
7. Potatoes Peas Masala is ready. Best side dish for poori, roti & dosa.