Guess what my lunch today is.......you're right ... Its Tomato Rice. That's why the recipe is here :-)
Cooked rice - 2 cups
Tomato Ripen - 3 ( finely chopped)
Onion -1 (finely chopped)
Capsicum -1/2 cup
Green peas - 1/2 cup
Garam masala - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
1. Cook 2 cups of rice & keep it aside.
2. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard & fennel seeds to it.
3. Once mustard splattered, add cashews and fry till it becomes golden color.
4. Then add curry leaves and add onion to it. Fry onion until it becomes transparent.
5. Next add tomatoes. Mix nicely the tomatoes and let it cook well.
6. When the tomatoes are half cooked, add the peas & capsicum. Reduce the flame & cover it with the lid.
7. Add garam masala powder, salt & asafoetida when the veggies are well cooked. Mix nicely so that the masala & salt blends with the veggies.
8. Add the rice when the masala is cooked and give a thorough mix.
9. Finally add a spoon of ghee, garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.
Tomato rice goes well with chips & papad.