Please don't think that I'm a lazy goose seeing all my simple version recipes..ok. I always prefer fast & simple version because I'll be running out of time everyday in the morning.
Need to cook & pack breakfast & lunch for my daughter, hubby & myself. Ahaaa....imagine how busy I'll be...that's y I have hands-on on all simple versions ;)
Here is another simple version recipe... he he....
Roasted Vermicelli - 2 packets
Onion - 2 Big (chopped)
Red chillis -4
Bengal gram dhal - 1 tbsp
1. Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds to the oil. When mustard splatters, add bengal gram dhal, red chillis & curry leaves.
2. Add onion when bengal gram dhal & chillis are roasted and fry until the onion turns transparent.
**You can add vegetables after adding onion if you have it ready.
3. Next add 2 cups/400 ml of water to the fried mixture when onion/vegetables are cooked. Add salt.
4. When water starts boiling add the roasted vermicelli, mix it and cover it with the lid. Reduce the flame & let the vermicelli cook for 5-7 mins.
5. Serve hot with coconut chutney.