Here comes a "Healthy Evening Snack" for your kids.
I made this snack yesterday evening for my daughter. When she finished her snack, her proud mom( that's me) was sitting next to her thinking about the next healthy snack...;)
Long green beans - 10 ( cut to finger size)
Bengal gram flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1 tbsp
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Oil for frying
1. First cut the long green beans to finger size. In a cooker pan add beans + salt + water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
2. Strain the half cooked green beans & keep it aside.
3. In a big bowl mix bengal gram flour + rice flour + corn flour + red chilli powder + salt + asafoetida + water and make thick bajji batter.
4. Heat oil in a heavy bottom frying pan.
5. Now take the cooked green bean one by one, dip nicely in the bajji batter & slowly place it in the hot oil.
6. Fry until the bajji becomes golden color. Repeat the same procedure for all the green beans.
7. Green bean bajjis are ready. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.