Whenever I replace a healthy snack instead of junk to school, my daughter brings it back untouched. So I ended up sending junk snack with heavy heart all the time. Yesterday chumma I tried this combo for evening snack & it worked great. So I have secretly decided to try this combo with some variation for school snack.
Mint Chutney Sandwich + Papaya + Butter Milk --------> Kid's Snack
Hope this works.....:-)
Mint chutney - 2 tbsp
Cheese for spreading
Whole wheat bread - 4 slices
Tomato - 1 sliced
Onion - 1 sliced
Cucumber - 1/2 sliced
1. Prepare mint chutney & keep it ready. I use to prepare mint chutney & store it for at least 2 weeks. You can also try that way. Recipe is here.
2. Now toast the breads in a dosa tawa.
3. Take 2 breads. Apply tomato ketchup on one side of one of the bread & mint chutney on one side of the other bread.
4. Place the cheese on the ketchup-ed side of the bread. Arrange the tomato, onion and cucumber on top of it.
5. Then cover it with the other bread with the mint chutney spreaded side down.
6. Toast the bread again for a minute & serve hot with heartin shaped papaya & buttermilk or with your kid's favorite fruit & drink.