I'm again with another simple spicy curry.
As the peanuts season has started, you'll get peanuts everywhere for reasonable price so just give a try with this " Peanut Spicy Curry" recipe. Sure your loved ones will eat extra rice & ask for it again. :-)
Raw Peanut - 1 kg
Onion - 2 big ( chopped)
Tomato - 3 big ( chopped)
Tamarind - small medium ball size
Garam masala powder - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp
1. Pressure cook the raw peanuts for 5 whistles. Remove the skin & keep it aside.
2. Soak tamarind in 4 cups of water, extract the juice & keep it aside.
3. Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When mustard splatters, add curry leaves & onion.
4. When onion turns transparent add tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes becomes mushy.
5. Then add 2 full tbsp of garam masala, mix well & cook for one minute.
6. Next add tamarind water & salt. Mix thoroughly & let the masala boil.
7. Once the masala boils & there is no raw smell, then add the cooked peanuts. Give a mix. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 10 mins.
8. Add a tbsp of ghee & mix.
9. Remove it from the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot with steamed rice. Peanut curry goes well with hot idilis & ven pongal also.