Plantain Stem Soup is my hubby & daughter's favorite. I made this for the special valentines day.
Plantain stem - 1/2 cup (cleaned & chopped)
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Masala corn flakes - 4 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tbsp
1. Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour in 1/4 cup of warm water & keep it aside.
2. In a pressure cooker pan, add the chopped plantain stem + 4 cups of water + salt and pressure cook it for 4 whistles.
3. After 4 whistles, once the pressure is released, take out the cooked plantain stem from the cooker and keep it aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottom pan. Pour in the cooked plantain stem & water mixture.
6. Allow it to boil. Then add the cornflour mixture & mix well. Reduce the flame & let it boil for 10 mins.
7. Remove it from the flame. Add pepper. Check salt, if required add salt too.
8. Garnish with masala corn flakes & serve hot.
*** Masala corn flakes will be available in the snacks rack in Nilgris/Reliance shops.