The recipes "Drumsticks Gravy & Drumsticks Soup" are inter related.....don't know how??
Simple...whenever you make drumsticks gravy you can retain the juice of it and make drumsticks soup OR whenever you make drumsticks soup you can retain the drumsticks and make gravy out of it......ha ha......sorry i could hear you grumbling...:-) :-)
Drumstick - 3 long
Coconut - 1/2 shell ( cut into pieces)
Onion - 1 chopped
Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
Red chillis - 6
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
1. Grind coconut + fennel seeds + red chillis in the mixer nicely & keep it aside.
2. Cut all the drumsticks lengthwise into two halves. In a pressure cooker pan, add the sliced drumsticks + 2 cups of water + salt and pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
3. After 3 whistles, remove it from cooker and strain the water from cooked drumsticks and keep it ready.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add mustard seeds, once mustard splatters add curry leaves.
5. Then add the onions & fry it till the onion becomes transparent. Add turmeric.
6. Now add the coconut mixture to it. Add salt also & mix well. Let it cook for 10 mins.
7. Next add the cooked drumsticks. Mix it carefully with masala in such a way that the drumsticks don't turn mushy.
8. Reduce the flame to sim & let it cook for 15 mins so that drumsticks blend well with the masala.
9. Now Drumsticks Gravy is ready. Serve with spicy curries & steamed rice.