Whenever I give surprise to my daughter by packing chicken fried rice for her lunch, I get lots n lots of hugs & kisses in the evening. My sweety pie's expression with the answer to the question 'how's it baby? ' would be like amazing.....for that I would love to make chicken fried rice all 365 days.....:-)
Here's my simple recipe.
Cooked Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Carrots + peas - 1/2 cup ( chopped)
Chicken - 1/2 cup (cleaned & chopped)
Green chillis - 3 nos
Onion - 1 big ( chopped)
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce - 1 tbsp
Pepper - 1 tbsp
1. Cook Basmati rice and keep it aside.
2. Cook the vegetables carrot + peas + water + salt in the pressure cooker for just one whistle, then strain the cooked vegetables and keep it ready.
3. In a cooker pan add chicken + ginger garlic paste + salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles, then strain the cooked chicken & keep it ready.
4. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Add cooked chicken to it and fry for a minute then add soya sauce & chilli sauce and fry for 5 minutes. Then remove it from the flame & keep it aside.
5. Again heat 3 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. Add onion & green chillis to it. Fry onion until it becomes transparent. Add salt.
***Watch the quantity of salt here because you have already cooked the veggies & chicken with salt.
6. Next add the cooked vegetables, capsicum & chicken pieces. Sprinkle the grounded pepper. Mix well & let it cook for 5 mins.
7. Now add the cooked Basmati rice and carefully give a thorough mix. Don't break the rice, while mixing. Reduce the flame to sim. Let it be for 10 mins.
8. After 10 mins add ghee & give a thorough mix. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Chicken fried rice is ready. This rice goes well with chicken gravy or chicken manchurian.
Linking this to