Drumstick Leaves Porridge is my Hubby's favorite, but now it is slowly becoming my daughter's favorite too. I'm very happyyy.....because this is a best way to make my kid eat drumstick leaves....he he.....
Drumstick leaves - 1 cup
Rice - 2 cups
Red chillis - 5
Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
Coconut - 4 pieces
1. Break the rice by beating it once in the mixer & keep it aside.
2. Add red chillis + fennel seeds + turmeric powder + coconut pieces to the mixer and grind to a fine paste.
3. In a big vessel, boil 6 cups of water. When the water boils nicely, add the broken rice, drumstick leaves, grinded paste and salt.
4. Stir frequently and make sure the bottom didn't stick.
5. When the rice is cooked well, remove it from the flame and allow it to cool.
6. Drumstick leaves porridge is ready. When served warm it'll be delicious and doesn't need any side dish. But my hubby & daughter use to have this porridge with a piece of jaggery . :-)