Bajjis are my family's all time favorite. No matter what vegetable the bajji is made of, bajjis will vanish just in few seconds...so I try bajjis using bread, green beans ...etc.
I made potato bajjis yesterday... And here comes the recipe.
Potatoes - 2 big
Bengal gram flour - 2 cups
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
1. In a big bowl, add bengal gram flour + red chilli powder + corn flour + rice flour + salt and mix well.
2. Then add water slowly & make a batter. The batter should not be too thick or too thin. It should be like the dosa batter.
3. Cut the potatoes into thin slices & keep it ready.
4. Heat oil in the heavy bottom frying pan. Dip the potatoes in the gram flour batter & slowly slip it in the hot oil.
5. When the bajji turns golden color on both the sides, remove it from the oil and place it on the tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
6. Hot Potato Bajjis are ready. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.
7. Potato Bajji & a cup of hot tea will taste heavenly :-) .